Key project information
Sector: Road Infrastructure
Client: Department of Transport and Main Roads
Location: South East Queensland
Project dates: 2016
- Ecological services provided
- Ecological planning approvals advice/negotiation
- Ecological field surveys
- Ecological reporting/planning application
- Ecological impact mitigation planning
- Protected Plants Survey
- GIS Mapping
- Project Overview
Our client is Queensland Governments Department of Transport and Main Roads. The Department is charged with road planning, building and maintenance throughout the state.
New Ground was engaged to identify ecological risks to the proposed upgrade to a road in the Gold Coast Hinterland. Further, we were commissioned to identify options for mitigating potential impacts on protected plants in particular.
- Key project outcomes
- Rapid identification of risks to project;
- Implementation of mitigation measures to avoid impact while achieving original project objectives of client.