Key project information
Sector: Land Development
Location: South-east Queensland
Project dates: April 2013- February 2015
- Ecological services provided
- Ecological planning advice
- Vegetation clearing approvals documentation
- Detailed Ecological assessment and reporting
- Wetland and waterway classification against statutory framework
- Environmental impact mitigation strategy
- Flora and Fauna Management Plans
- Environmental offsetting strategy formulation
- Pre-clearance surveys
- GIS support
- Project Overview
QIC is an innovative investment corporation created in 1991 by the Queensland Government to serve its long-term investment obligations. New Ground worked as part of the QIC project team in order to secure environmental approvals for the QIC Coomera town centre project. The Coomera Town Centre project is of regional significance and is set within an ecologically contentious landscape.
New Ground navigated the client through dynamic Federal, State and Local Government environmental planning requirements in order to secure relevant approvals over the site. Our input included ecological surveys (flora and fauna), environmental planning approvals strategy, impact mitigation planning, pre-clearance surveys, environmental management plans and negotiations around environmental offsetting requirements.
- Key project outcomes
- Project approval over ecologically contentious site;
- Unlocking of previously undevelopable land through constraint correction and negotiation;
- Streamlined environmental offset requirements through negotiation due to application of relevant exemptions and allowances.