Key project information
Sector: Land Development
Client: Coles Group
Location: South-east Queensland
Project dates: August 2014 – August 2016
- Ecological services provided
- Environmental planning approvals documentation
- Ecological assessment and reporting
- Construction Vegetation Management Plan
- Pre-clearing survey
- Protected Plants (NC Act) approval
- Fauna Spotter Catching
- Fauna Management Plan
- Propagation Management Plan (threat-listed plant)
- GIS support
- Project Overview
Our client is a leading retailer with a variety of retail outlets throughout Australia. New Ground worked closely with the Coles project team in order to deliver several retail spaces that optimise the client’s business objectives while being sensitive to its environmental footprint. New Ground was engaged with instructions that environmental approvals were of urgent priority given the project timetable. In response, the New Ground team worked energetically to secure local and state government environmental planning approvals for the subject facilities.
In addition we managed vegetation clearing works on behalf of the client, delivering a site ready for development.
- Key project outcomes
- Streamlined environmental approval process through early identification of relevant approval pathways.
- Early identification of risk to project delivery timeframes and proactive management of risk.