Key project information
Sector: Onshore Oil and Gas
Client: Proponent of CSG to LNG project
Location: Upstream gathering network- Surat and Bowen Basins
Project dates: 2010- present
- Ecological services provided
- Ecological site/impact assessment surveys
- Pre clearance surveys
- Targeted threatened flora and fauna surveys
- Fauna spotter catcher services
- Specialist ecological advice
- Project Overview
Our client is the proponent of a multi-billion dollar CSG to LNG project. The wider project involves the establishment of gathering network of CSG wells that provide gas to long distance gas pipelines ultimately leading to the LNG export processing plants on Curtis Island. The main focus of New Grounds works has been the upstream component of the project primarily located within the Surat basin of Queensland.
New Ground has provided an array of ecological services to the client and have worked closely with the client to refine and streamline the ecological assessment process to ensure timely and technically rigorous assessments are undertaken in accordance with the client’s approval conditions. New Ground developed a specialist team of ecologists who collectively have amassed several years of upstream CSG project experience. Through careful recruitment and a high level of staff retention we have been able to provide our client with an innovative, solutions focused industry experienced team.
- Key project outcomes
- Responsive and timely delivery of ecological assessment works
- Technically rigorous solutions to ecological challenges formulated through collaboration with the client.
- Increased project efficiencies through collaboration and innovation, particularly around data capture and processing.
- Industry experienced teams contributed to the positive relationship between landholder and client.